In 1972 this former Methodist Church building, originally built in 1871, was purchased by the Elim Pentecostal denomination and began life as an Elim church called Oasis Pentecostal Church. It had become known locally as simply Oasis or Oasis Church.

To align better with our wider denomination the church was renamed to Elim Oasis Church in 2015, to identify us as Elim – which is a Pentecostal denomination – whilst still retaining the locally known Oasis Church.